The Wedding


Now I know I haven't posted for ages, I'm sorry I have no excuses!!

 But I just had to post about our daughter Laura's wedding to Kevin last weekend.

It was  long anticipated and last Saturday was the big day. 

We drove through on the Friday afternoon and booked into our hotel.
 Karen's boyfriend drove through as well and as it was his birthday we all went out for dinner on the friday night which was a lovely way to spend the night before. 

The wedding was to be in a beautiful venue called 'The Vu' which is in Bathgate fairly near to Edinburgh. 

Laura chose her venue very well as this was a spectacular place to get married. 

The weather here has been pretty dismal with rain and strong winds and very grey skys so we didn't hold much hope for a bright day, but guess what, the rain dried up, wind stopped blowing and the sky was  clearer.

True to most weddings, we did have a minor emergency, which didn't feel very minor at the time let me tell you.
 I forgot to load Laura's hooped underskirt in the car and it was a necessity. 
However Danny to the rescue as ever , he did a three hour round trip home to pick it up - my hero! 
So while us girls were getting beautified - hair and make up done - Danny was driving cross the country to save the day.

He made it back by 1.45, fully dressed in his kilt, looking very smart may I add. 
We finally had an hour to relax with a wee glass of bubbly before our cars came to pick us us. 

Before we knew it we were at the venue. I hadn't seen it beforehand and my goodness it was beautiful. 
The Water Lily suite was surrounded by water and the sun was setting, really made my jaw drop in awe let me tell you :)

The service was really lovely and before we knew it we were having the speeches, eating a very tasty dinner and the partying  began, it was so lovely to see so many family members and friends all having a good time. 

Fair to say we had a ball and are sooooo proud of our beautiful daughters and not forgetting our wee Riley, who I might add was an absolute star!

All the men, and Riley, in the wedding party were kitted out in kilts and were looking very smart. 
It is really lovely to see everyone all dressed up. 

Here are a few of my pics, not the best quality.  We can't wait to see the photographers pics.

 


 The stunning bride.



 Us


 Emma, Karen and me.


Karen, Kevin, Laura and Emma.

Riley and his Grandad, I love this pic :) 

Oh well, it's all over now and we're all feeling happy and tired and living on the lovely memories. 

But one last thing to say, "Welcome to the family Kevin" :))

Thanks for reading. :)

Comments

Eileen T said…
Congratulations to the newly weds. Your three girls look beautiful in the photos and I love the colour of the bridesmaids dresses.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you.
Rose said…
Oh, she looked beautiful...all of you do. So glad to see a post...very good to see a post from you. That it is the wedding is the icing on the cake.
Diane said…
Good to see you are well. Your daughter is beautiful. Lovely photos. All the best for 2016, Diane
Jeanne said…
Just saw this Ellie and have to say your daughter looked just beautiful! Husbands are wonderful about saving the day aren't they!!! Can't believe how grown up your little one is!!

Popular Posts