Playing Catch-up!


Well here I am playing catch up again,  it's been two weeks since my last post!
The trouble with falling behind is trying to remember what I've been up to!

First of all I've been feeling a bit under the weather for the last wee while, however I've been to see the doc. who has given me some tablets and I'm now just about back up to scratch, which is always a good thing :)

The other weekend -I can't remember which one - we had some fog. Now we don't usually get much fog here but this lasted for the whole weekend.
It wasn't widespread it just seemed to lie over the sea. 

It was very strange.
I went down to the beach with my phone to grab a picture. I don't know if you can make the fog out but it was definitely there.



Karen has decided to take up quilt making - we are so impressed with her efforts. 
She made Riley a quilt for his birthday. 
He LOVES Thomas the Tank Engine. 



And I've started knitting - I used to do this many years ago and I loved it!  So I thought I'd give it another go. 
It's so good you can watch the telly and knit at the same time. 
I made a couple of hats over the winter, Emma loved hers and wore it while she was in Germany! I've also started an afghan blanket, and a jumper for wee Riley.  

I also found this pattern

Aren't they cute!!!

I haven't got the yarn yet and it should be interesting knitting it up.
I'll be sure to keep you all up to date with how it's going.

We have an extra day off work next week as Monday is a public holiday - yay for a three day weekend. 
I'm hoping the weather picks up a wee bit - it's been really cold here with rain and some snow brrr - then we maybe can do something interesting with our free day. 

Here's hoping!

I hope everyone has a fab week. :))

Comments

Eileen T said…
Glad to hear that you are feeling better. Karen's quilt is lovely - making a quilt is on my to-do list and I hope I manage to do as well as her.
Kerri Farley said…
OH I LOVE that Thomas quilt!!!
Debbie said…
oooo so nice to see you today, I love that your knitting!!
Karens quilts are lovely, they must be quite daunting to do I should think. I'm looking forward to seeing what you are doing with your knitting, I haven't knitted for years.
It's good to have a catch up with you :)

Diana
Rose said…
I quilt but I don't knit and wish I did. Yet I don't need another hobby.

I love the quilt Karen made!

Popular Posts