Mother's Day Flowers

Oooops I had a little complaint from Danny last night.  He said he was disappointed that I don't post on my blog as often as I used to. 
So I thought - ok I'd better try and get back into it properly.  

Anyway, we had Mother's day on Sunday.  My lovely girls all got me beautiful flowers (and a few chocolates). 
 Have I said that I LOVE flowers!!!  
I think my girls know that, lol. 

Laura sent me a pot of azaleas, it got delivered by post and was a lovely unexpected surprise. They are beautiful too.


Emma got me these beautiful tulips - such a pretty colour.

And I love the texture and pattern on the petals - so pretty!!!

Karen bought these gorgeous liliesThey are sitting on my kitchen windowsill bright and yellow. 
Yellow flowers always make me smile. They make me think of the sun!!!


Karen and Emma were both working all day on Sunday which was a shame as I would have loved to spend the day with them.  

I was also thinking that this time next year our Laura will be mummy to a little boy and wondering if she would be getting a lovely mother's day present.  
Well she text me to say that she got a lovely card from her 'bump'.  Now that is either one clever little guy or maybe I think Kevin had something to do with it. 
  
On a slightly different note - Laura calls her wee expected one 'bubbs', when I was pregnant I called my girls 'my chums in the tum'.  Funny the names we have when we are pregnant isn't it?

Anyway, last night I went out with my sis-in-law to an amateur dramatic production of 'Fiddler on the Roof', and you know what it was really really good. I was so impressed  and it was a very enjoyable evening. 

Best of all today is Friday - my favourite day of the week, it means that tomorrow it is the start of the weekend. Two days of doing what I want and not having to go to work yay!!!
PS I've just nipped back - I realised there is a bit of green in these pictures and can link up to Fiona's Green Day 
I haven't link up to Fiona's blog for a while as I have had no green pictures.
You should go and visit there are lots of lovely pictures and Fiona has a lovely blog
Raindrops and Daisys  

Have a nice weekend everyone :)) 

Comments

Jill said…
All of your flowers are gorgeous! You do such a fantastic job of photographing them. Happy Mother's Day! Love the names you and Laura have/had for your babes.
Beautiful flowers, glad you had a lovely day. :) xx
Giga said…
Piękne kwiaty dostałaś i miłego weekendu życzę. Pozdrawiam.
Beautiful flowers and got a nice weekend I hope. Yours.
Ailime said…
Olá, que maravilhosas flores as suas filhas lhe ofereceram! Todas são lindíssimas! Parabéns por a sua filha esperar um bebé! O maior presente para a Família. Tudo de muito bom para todos vós. Bom fim-de-semana. Abraços Ailime
TexWisGirl said…
your sweet girls did good on those blooms! glad you shared them.
Karen said…
That is a most beautiful shade of pink!
Jannibele said…
Lovely flowers in beautiful colours:) Have a nice weekend!
Kerri Farley said…
Such lovely flowers!! Your girls are sweeties!
Claudia Moser said…
The tulips are amazing, love spring :)
Suz said…
Happy Mother's Day. Your pictures of your flowers are beautiful.
Oh Ellie no wonder your posts are so cheerful you have a caring loving family and so much more of that to look forward too everyday. Love the beautiful flowers. One question When is Grandmother's Day since you are going to be one very soon.
I am so happy you are happy. :)
Vane M. said…
Fotos lindas, a tulipa rosa, além da cor suave, tem uma textura incrível. Mágico...beijos!
Lois Evensen said…
What beautiful flowers! Just lovely.
eileeninmd said…
Happy Mother's Day. Your flowers are lovely, a very nice surprise. Have a happy weekend!
Clara said…
Beautiful tulip photos. I love their vibrant yellow color and yes there is a little green in there. LOL.
~Clara
Roselia Bezerra said…
Olá, querida
Feliz Dia das Mães pra vc cercada de tanto carinho!!!
Bjs fraternos de paz e bem
Ellie, your flowers are gorgeous, how loved you are. And beautiful photo's once again.
Husbands are funny about the blogs, aren't they? Mine likes to know if there have been comments, especially if I change some aspect of it.

Have a lovely weekend,
blessings, Diana
Beautiful photos as always Ellie.

Oh, it's getting exciting now isn't it, bet you can't wait to get your mitts on the little dote when he arrives.

Lovely to have to look forward to.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Ellie,
I hope you have a great day.

Thanks for linking up.

Hope it isn't snowing there,
it's bitterly cold here and snow forecast :(
Wish it would come and go!!

Take care

x
Marsha Young said…
I really like all your flowers. I didn't realize it was Mother's Day over there, as we have it the second Sunday in May.

My azaleas are in bloom, too. :)
Happy Mother's Day to you.
orchid0324 said…
Dearest Ellie,
Wow, what GORGEOUS flowers for you♡♡♡ You sure are a happy mother♬♬♬ 
My husband only interested in how I wrote about him p;)
Thank you SO much for our lovely comment, my friend.

Lots of love and hugs from sis-city in Japan, xoxo Miyako*
Rose said…
Beautiful flowers! Your daughters really do know you. It won't be long the baby is here! I cannot believe how fast the time has passed.
Anonymous said…
it is always an exciting feeling to buy flowers for mother.
Ambalal said…
well this mothers day i will buy something special for my mother.
Anonymous said…
Can I put up your submit to my wordpress blog?
I will add a oneway link to your forum. That’s one really great post.


my homepage: having trouble getting pregnant after a miscarriage

Popular Posts