A Beautiful Evening

Last night I had an appointment for the dreaded mammogram
I started and finished work early to that I could get there in time.  It was a mad rush I can tell you - I hate to be late for anything!!!  
Changed days, I can remember when the girls were babies I never seemed to manage to get anywhere on time!!! 
Anyway the test was all done and dusted and I was driving home. 
It was an absolutely beautiful evening. Blue sky and a huge big orange sun sitting low in the sky (which made driving a wee bitty difficult I can tell you).
I was really enjoying my drive going by all of the fields with their hay bales all rolled up and the trees with their lovely colours starting to emerge, thinking this is just lovely. 
I turned a corner  and the sun was blasting it's lovely glow over the road which was a stunning orangy red colour - it was such a beautiful sight with trees at either side of the road. I don't think I have ever seen anything quite like that before.
But you know that really sad part of this was I didn't have a camera on me - not that I could have stopped anyway, there was nowhere to pull in and there was a stream of cars behind me. So I just had to lock away the picture in my memory.
However when I got home I quickly dashed into the house to grab said camera and drove to the beach to try and catch the sunset. 
This is what I got!!!
I had just missed the sun going behind Arran - but beautiful non the less.

Ah the world can be such a beautiful place sometimes :))

Comments

Sandra said…
Gorgeous sunset, Ellie. Isn't it wonderful to witness something like that? Excellent capture... the best sunsets seem to appear when the sun has already gone down!
Debbie said…
don't leave home without your camera. never, not ever!!

the sunset is quick, every second it changes....i like what you got. the colors are soft, it's a peaceful scene.
TexWisGirl said…
gorgeous, ellie! glad you went back!
Bev said…
You got a wonderful shot!!
Giga said…
Może i słoneczko się schowało, ale niebo cudownie wygląda w jego promieniach. Pozdrawiam.
Maybe hid the sun, but the sky looks wonderful in its rays. Yours.
Karen said…
You got a beauty!
oh what a gorgeous sky!!

mammograms...ugh!
Rose said…
This is just too pretty for words...don't you hate having to pass by a beautiful shot? But if we stopped for every shot I see, we would never arrive at the destination.
I love this sunset. Doesn't seem when you see something beautiful it never fails that you don't have a camera.
Pat MacKenzie said…
What a lovely post...such nice descriptions and a beautiful picture. And don't we all love having mammograms.
DIMI said…
Gorgeous sunset Ellie!What a lovely view!Full of beautiful colors!Have a nice day my friend!
Dimi..
ZielonaMila said…
Beautiful photograph, wonderful romantic view. I am greeting
Marsha Young said…
The world can, indeed, be a wonderful place - and your pictures make it more so.
Have a wonderful day tomorrow.
Lea said…
That sunset photo is GLORIOUS, Ellie! :)
Dianna said…
Aw, I'm glad you got the sunset. It's always heartbreaking to not have your camera when there's something so beautiful that you want to capture!
I'm scheduling my mammogram today - glad yours is over.
Beautiful picture, stunning across the water. x
orchid0324 said…
Dearest Ellie,
GORGEOUS picture and yes, the world can be such a beautiful place, isn't it♡♡♡
My mother died of uterus caner 12 years ago after more than half a year of fighting with it I'm sure she was aware of some sign but too late for the surgery. And her elder sister (my aunt) breast cancer. Yes, I DO need the check up(^^;)
Sending you lots of love and hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
busybusybeejay said…
Wonderful sunset.Lucky you living in such a beautiful place.
Lisa Gordon said…
What serendipity, Ellie.
You were in the perfect place, at the perfect time, and this is just gorgeous.
momto8 said…
what a gorgeous view. lucky you!
Paul said…
A beautiful sunset, Ellie! It is annoying when you haven't got your camera when you need it.
Diane said…
Ellie that is just so gorgeous. It would be beautiful framed. Enjoy your weekend Diane
OK OUCH :)
That is truly a beautiful shot thanks for sharing. B

Popular Posts