Wimbledon And Some Strawberries

Since it has been a fortnight of Wimbledon I thought I put up a picture to commemorate it. 
Well I didn't have strawberries and cream but I thought this might do instead!!! 
Who can resist a chocolate covered strawberry? 
Not me :)))


Phew, well that's Wimbledon Tennis over for another year. 
It's murder when you want to watch a really good final and things like making the dinner get in the way.  

I thought at the beginning of the Federer and Murray game that Scottish Andy Murray might actually be able to pull a win off.  But Federer, true to form, ran away with it.  
I felt really sorry for Andy at the end of it all he really was quite emotional, but never mind Andy there is always next year. 
And I have to say full marks to Roger Federer he played a brilliant game and really deserved his win.

I have always loved watching tennis. 
I remember being a teenager when players like Bjorn Bork, Jimmy McInroe, Boris Becker, to name but a few, were playing. 
 I used to spend the fortnight glued to the telly and when the games were over I'd grab my tennis racket race up to the grass at the end of our road and pretend I was at Wimbledon.  

Great fun!!!

I don't really seem to gather the same enthusiasm for any other televised sport.  

Never mind the Olympic tennis starts in three weeks - now I've got that to look forward to. 
Maybe I should make some meals and freeze them, then I could watch to my hearts content, lol.

Have a great week everybody. :))

Comments

Karen said…
I like anything dipped in chocolate!
Rose said…
Oh, one of my blog friends loves tennis...
FilipBlog said…
I prefer them with white chocolate but this is also ok.

Greetings,
Filip
Diane said…
Mmmmm that looks yummy. John McInroe was always my favourite, he just had so much character :) Have a good week Diane
Sandra said…
Gorgeous chocolate dipped strawberry, Ellie! I watched part of Wimbledon too today and was so disappointed that Andy Murray didn't win.. he was really emotional and that was very human of him and he said some really nice things. I think that Federer could retire now and just live on his millions! My favourite tennis player used to be Bjorn Borg... he was so cool and laid back! Now I have a soft spot for Rafael Nadal!
Hi Ellie,

Hope all is well in your world
bad news about the tennis....

How is your red carpet going
is it hard to keep clean
does every thread need a hoove?

The stawberries look delish!

Hope the girls are well


x Fiona
oops that should read
does every thread need a hoover?

x
Jill said…
That berry looks mighty good!
TexWisGirl said…
i don't watch tennis anymore, but back in the day, ivan lendl was my fave.
Pat MacKenzie said…
Great idea to make meals ahead so you can stay glued to the telly. I've never had an interest in tennis. The only sport I'll watch is hockey. To each his own.
Lisa Gordon said…
Oh I do love chocolate covered strawberries, and we have them quite a bit here in the summer.

I watched parts of Wimbledon, but like you, much of what I wanted to see was on at the "wrong" times for me.

Wishing you a wonderful beginning to your week!
xo.
I don't watch much tennis but my husband loves it. I can't work out what is going on - but then I can't work out what is going on in the various footy games either!!
Swimming was my sport of choice and that's what I really like to watch at the olympics.
Love the strawberries and chocolate, any colour :)
Have a lovely week,

Diana
Jeanne said…
Your strawberries look great and also think that frozen dinners might be a good idea!
orchid0324 said…
Dearest Ellie,
Oh, I LOVE to taste the chocolate covered strawberry, looks so sweet(♥˘◡˘♥)
Wimbledon tennis is broadcasted in Japan as well. I don't watch much but I can see how you get fascinated with it♡♡♡

Have a wonderful new week; sending you love from Japan, xoxo Miyako*
yum...that chocolate strawberry looks really tempting!!

i don't really watch tennis much...but did see 'the end' on the news. i felt sorry for Andy...his family...and ALL those who were rooting for him!! BUT, like you say...next year! he did fantastic to make it all the way to the finals, eh??
Lisa said…
That photo is amazing - I can almost smell the chocolate!!
Eileen said…
That strawberry dipped in chocolate looks so good. You shouldn't tempt us like that!!!!!
Rosie Grey said…
Well, I couldn't resist, either!! :-))
Seems like a good idea to prepare the meals for the Olympic Games - would definitely make that easier!! ;-)
Have a great week, Ellie!
I loved watching some of the tennis matches especially that one that Andy played right up to 11pm. You and me liked all the same players - and then there was Jimmy Connors aswell - my mum always loved watching his matches.
ZielonaMila said…
The noise in the city is very vexing therefore we should visit parks and forests. I am greeting
geetlee said…
Ellie, i teared up when Andy gave his speech in the end. I wasn't exactly rooting for him but I felt bad!

When I was little, I used to watch Steffi play (she's my all time favorite) Afterwards I used to mimic her style.. I never had a tennis racket but I used to use my mom's hairbrush ;)
geetlee said…
Ellie, i teared up when Andy gave his speech in the end. I wasn't exactly rooting for him but I felt bad!

When I was little, I used to watch Steffi play (she's my all time favorite) Afterwards I used to mimic her style.. I never had a tennis racket but I used to use my mom's hairbrush ;)

Popular Posts