Eglinton Castle

I  hope that you are not too fed up with pictures of castles because I've got another one for you.

This is Eglinton Castle which is on the outskirts of a town called Kilwinning.

 It is set in the Eglington Country Estate which is lovely, there are some lovely  walks, gardens and swingparks for children. 

You may remember we visited there a couple of weeks ago but had to run back to the car because of heavy rain, I posted about it here. 

So since the weather was better we visited again with much more success. I used to visit here when the girls were little - that was quite a wee while ago. 

 Here are a few pictures of it. 
It looks as if it must have been a fantastic building.








The top of the tower was covered by birds but when I brought my camera out they all flew off, they can't have heard me 'cause it is quite a height up. Birds always do that to me when I take my camera out.

How is this for a set of windows.





A lovely place to visit - we will have to go back and do some more of the lovely walks and visit the gardens in the summer.

Comments

TexWisGirl said…
definitely not something i see here!
Debbie said…
it's so beautiful ellie, with the pretty blue sky and lovely green grass!!

you captured it well!!
Jill said…
I will never tire of your castle pictures. They take me away, to another place and another time. For that, I thank you.
Please don't ever stop posting pictures of castles! How cool! One of my students is currently working on a research paper about castles - I plan to show her your photos! Have a lovely day.
Rose said…
I would love to see this in person...I love all the work done in stone...they were such craftsmen.
Anonymous said…
Wow - another one of your posts that I'll be forwarding to my son! What a gorgeous place! Thanks for sharing your pictures of it.
Roan said…
I love old buildings, but old castles, that's much better. Great shots and love the windows. I've been playing catch up on your blog, great reading. Sorry I haven't stopped by much lately, but I'm working a lot of extra hours which makes it difficult to spend much time online. I loved the tulips, made me think of spring.
Thank you for sharing your photos. I love seeing photos of castles. Where I live I don't get to see things like this, so I really enjoy it.
orchid0324 said…
Dearest Ellie,
Oh, Eglinton Castle.
I do wish to stroll marvelous castle like this living close to it♡♡♡
Spring time must be WONDERFUL!
Thanks for your lovely pictures♬♬♬

Blessing to you, xoxo Miyako*
Kayla said…
I can only speak for myself, but, I will never tire of castle pictures! You have to remember we really don't have castles here in the States....I find them fascinating!
hannah said…
Great to have a place to walk like that. Your img6163: We have a wall like that, with the windows filled in centuries ago, at the bottom of our garden. If we owned the land behind, I would open some of those as it is great to have a view through to borrowed landscape.It is a bit formidable at times, but on the whole I love the old stone.

Popular Posts